SMOTGO March 2014 Update
Our main focus over the last month was to consolidate some of the page to reduce some of the jumping around from page to page. Last month we added a new home page option that allowed all the invoicing operation to be done on that page. No more jumping to the invoice and opening each job. We also consolidated the inventory page. This month, we consolidated the customers and vehicles pages. Everything that was on the customers page and everything that was on the vehicles page, are now on both the customers and vehicles pages. So, while on the customers page, you can view, add, and edit the vehicle’s info, and on the vehicles page, you can view, add, and edit the customer’s info.
You may also notice some changes from time to time of the names of actions or there positions on the action bar. This is part of our effort to make actions more self-explainatory and the site more consistent. We try not to remove any functionality from the site only add to it. If you find that something is misssing or feel something could be improved, we would like to hear about it.
The following is a lists of the other changes to the site which are demonstrated on the latest YouTube video at March 2014 Update Video.
- There have been a lot of changes to the site since it was launched a year ago. We are working on replacing all the YouTube videos. The old ones will be left on YouTube, but we will move them to the Archived playlist. Along with the update videos, we have redesigned the help system on the site. In case you are unaware, there is a help link in the upper right hand corner of the site. Previously the video related to that page was embedded into that window. We have added a directory with links. These links will take you to the YouTube video and the time mark that related to that subject. These links will continue to be added as we recreate the videos.
- We have added a new option to the purchase order processing. Previously if you wanted a part on a PO to be added to your part inventory list, you set the number to stock above 0. However, this also set the minimum to that same number. Now if either the minimum or to stock are above 0, the part info is added and the to stock and or minimum are set accordingly.
- The video is going to quickly review the 3 types of parts, misc. part, stocked part, and a non stocked part.
- We have change several of the “jump to” to “open”. Rather than navigate away from the page you are on to look at an item in more detail, it will open the item in a new page.
- You can now get a quick view of a job from history from the part sales history.
A lot of the features on the site come from user feedback. While we don’t make any promises, we always want to here ideas of how the site can be improved. So if you have any suggestions, just reply to this email or use the link on the bottom of the site.
If you have any questions, email me those as well. I answer any and all questions as time allows. I do run a shop full time, so I cannot provide any type of phone support, but I do respond to all emails.
If you have not watched any of the videos, please do yourself a favor and check them out. At the minimum, watch the quick start guide. I know a lot of us like to try to figure things out for ourselves, myself included, but your chances of success with SMOTGO will increase dramatically if you spend some time watching some of the videos. In fact, by watching the videos, I believe you will save more time using SMOTGO then you spend watching the videos.
All of our videos are on YouTube at SMOTGO videos Videos can also be accessed by clicking on the help link in the upper right corner of the site. These links will display the video related to the page that you are on. You can now like or follow us on FaceBook at SMOTGOFaceBookPage. We have also set up a discussion group on Google at SMOTGOGoogleGroup.
We always welcome you feedback, questions, and or suggestions. You can do that by replying to this email or using the contact link at the bottom of the site.
If you would like to stop receiving these emails, respond to this email with remove in the subject or message.
Log on now at SMOTGO.com